Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Feel Good Day (Much needed)

(This photo is not me, just to get my point across)
Its finally spring, and today the sun was shining and I decided to do what I felt like doing and what was good for my body. I was certainly in need of a day where I was commitment free. It is finally spring break and I still have been busy... every once in awhile we just need a break. REST is IMPORTANT!

After waking up and eating an egg on a spinach-potato pancake, I decided to be productive and straighten up the kitchen a bit, and do a little organizing. That simple task along with the inspiring fresh spring sunshine made me feel like I wanted to accomplish something for myself so I decided to go on a bike ride from my house to the local coffee shop on the water. I started off calling friends to see if someone would go with me, but decided I would just go enjoy the weather on my own. After relaxing and drinking my coffee I continued to ride on to the grocery store and then just did a big loop back towards my house. It felt good to get grocery shopping done (although for some reason I enjoy wandering through the store), get some exercise and fresh air, and just have a day to enjoy my own company being out and about.


I got home and made some light calamari marinara, it was delicious. I spent a few minutes relaxing and eventually got back on my bike and headed for the gym. After a workout with my good friend, I rode home and made a tofu and veggie satay with a lightened up version of peanut sauce. I finished my day with a relaxing bath.

The point of my narrative of my activities today isn't to give you a play by play of my day, but just wanting to emphasize that every once in awhile you should dedicate a day to doing things that make you feel good about yourself. While the things I did today may seem simple and none of it was overly exciting, I was able to reflect on my day and feel like I was healthy and happy. Right now I feel relaxed and good about my health! After spending a week forcing myself to go to the gym and dreading my workouts, a refreshing new angle to help me enjoy fitness once again was miraculous.

Different things work for different people, some people (which may even include myself on the right days...) would doing most of the things in the day I just described. It goes to show that having a positive attitude and where you focus your attention has a major impact on how your daily life can go! Find something that makes you feel positive and have an optimistic outlook on the day. I blame the newly appearing spring sunshine for my relaxed positivity :)


I tracked my fitness and food on sparkpeople.com and was able to feel even better being in the healthy range for everything! Coincidentally after writing this I got this article sent to my email: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=66.

Also heres a great compliment of ideas of new fitness things to do this month. (I tried the most random... geocaching with a friend... it was actually lots of fun!) http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calendar_2009_fun_fitness_ideas.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment