Saturday, January 15, 2011

Eating Well Doesn't Always Have to be a Drag...

I grew up enjoying baking. I think I liked the creativity and feeling of making something from a bunch of seemingly boring ingredients. It probably helped that I had a huge sweet tooth. 
Because I was always athletic and in general ate fairly healthfully, luckily that sweet tooth never got the best of me. I was very fortunate in that my parents always exposed me to a wide variety of foods, some that many people have mental aversions to (like sushi and other seafood) as well as the occasional strange fruit like a poky fruit. 
As I grew older and more and more body conscious, I began to become inspired by healthy dishes I would make. So much so that over the past couple of years I started making many dishes from scratch and making my own versions of recipes that were much healthier than their traditional alternatives. This is how I started writing my own cookbook (not with intention to get published, but just to store recipes and maybe give to family members as presents etc), and enjoying this creative side. 
A few months ago when looking for inspiration for recipes I stumbled across a site called Sparkrecipes.com  (I will share more about the sites uses later.) I found that I could publish my recipes and gather all the nutritional info on them etc. Online users are able to comment and rate them.
The other day I got pretty excited when I got my first comment on my own recipe for a veggie lentil stew. It was fun to think that something I created someone else was able to try and enjoy! Although it does have some sodium in it, it has many beneficial nutrients and is a satisfying meal! 
Here is the link to my recipe: Lentil Veggie Stew. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment